The Humanistic Perspectives research group at Oxford Brookes University draws together researchers who adopt a variety of humanistic methodologies (e.g. historical, philosophical, literary, anthropological, visual and artistic).
Our aims are to (1) advocate the value of humanistic research within wider educational and societal debates; and (2) explore together and contribute to the development of humanistic research methodologies in the School of Education.
Group members are working on a number of projects, including:
– remembrance in schools;
– youth aspirations in the UK and US;
– fatherhood in children’s books;
– class and ability in educational policy;
– moral education and citizenship, historical and philosophical perspectives
– learning with artists and art and design education policy